TechSpot posted an article compiling a variety of tips on making Windows and MacOS do what you want as well as numerous applications you can use for a variety of tasks. The recommendations run from the classic obfuscated Windows "God Mode" folder which contains links to the majority of the tools you can use on your system to basic keyboard shortcuts. If you are trying to figure out where all your storage space went, Space Sniffer for Windows or GrandPerspective for Macs will help you far more than random searches for large folders. You will probably already know a great number of these tips but it is nice to have a long list compiled in a single location.
"Many hardcore computer users might consider themselves above learning new tricks, but there are always new ways to sharpen your skills on the PC and we bet that you will find at least one useful thing here that you didn't know before."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- IT component shortages could worsen during holidays @ DigiTimes
- Google quietly ditches NFC device unlocking in Android because of 'low usage' @ The Inquirer
- Russian Defense Company Demos A One-Person Flying Car @ Slashdot
- Apple Mac fans told: Something smells EFI in your firmware @ The Register
- iPhone X release date, specs and price: Samsung to earn £80 from every handset sold @ The Inquirer