Introduction and Features
Another solid unit with very good performance.
FSP’s new Hydro PTM lineup is part of their top-tier Premium Series and currently includes three models: 750W, 650W, and 550W. We will be taking a detailed look at the 750W Platinum model in this review. FSP Group Inc. has been designing and building PC power supplies under their own brand since 2003. Not only do they market power supplies under their own FSP name but they are the OEM for many other big name brands. Now you might be thinking “Hydro” refers to water-cooling but like we saw last year with the Hydro G series power supplies, the Platinum Series all use conventional air cooling. The Hydro apparently refers to the “Hydro Dynamic Bearing” used in the cooling fan (more commonly referred to as a FDB – Fluid Dynamic Bearing).
FSP developed the Hydro Platinum Series with an advanced thermal layout design. The units come with all modular cables and are certified to comply with the 80 Plus Platinum efficiency criteria. The power supplies are designed to deliver tight voltage regulation with excellent AC ripple and noise suppression. All Hydro PTM Series power supplies incorporate a quiet 135mm cooling fan and they come backed with a 10-year warranty!
FSP Hydro PTM Series PSU Key Features:
• 550W, 650W or 750W continuous DC output @ 50°C
• High efficiency, 80 PLUS Platinum certified ≥92%
• Complies with newest ATX12V v2.4 & EPS12 v2.92 standards
• 100% Japanese made electrolytic capacitors
• Quiet 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan
• Powerful single +12V rail design
• Advanced thermal layout design
• Fully modular with flat ribbon-style cables
• SLI, Crossfire, and VR ready
• Protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP and OTP
• 10-Year Manufacturer’s warranty
• $124.99 USD (Amazon.com, Oct. 2017)