Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new Hydro Platinum 750W PSU from FSP proved to be a very good power supply and a worthy addition to their power supply lineup. The unit delivered excellent efficiency and very good performance across the board.
The electrical performance of the Hydro PTM 750W PSU was very good. The unit exhibited tight voltage regulation, high efficiency (80 Plus Platinum) and good AC ripple and noise suppression. The cooling fan starts out relatively quiet and stays that way through mid-power levels. The Hydro PTM Series also features fully modular, flat ribbon-style cables for easy installation and clean builds.
The FSP Hydro Platinum power supplies offer a full complement of safety and protection features and come backed by a 10-year warranty. Very nice!
The FSP Hydro PTM Series power supplies should be currently available from your favorite online retailer. As you might expect, Platinum level efficiency certification comes at a price, which translates to about $10 more than FSP’s Hydro Gold Series.
• FSP Hydro PTM 750W $124.99 (amazon.com, October 2017)
• FSP Hydro PTM 650W $114.99 (amazon.com, October 2017)
• FSP Hydro PTM 550W $104.99 (amazon.com, October 2017)
• 550W, 650W or 750W continuous DC output @ 50°C
• High efficiency, 80 PLUS Platinum certified
• Quiet 135mm Hydro Dynamic Bearing fan
• Very good voltage regulation ±2%
• Good AC ripple and noise suppression
• Interchangeable side stickers for color coordination
• Fully modular with flat ribbon-style cables
• SLI, Crossfire and VR ready
• Protections: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, UVP and OTP
• 10-Year Manufacturer’s warranty !
• No semi-fanless operation at low power (like the G Series has)
FSP Hydro PTM 750W Power Supply
Our thanks to the FSP Group Inc. for supplying us the Hydro PTM 750W PSU to review.