[H]ard|OCP recently used Forza 7 in their GPU benchmarks and discovered that AMD's Vega 64 outperformed the GTX 1080 by a noticeable margin. NVIDIA responded by releasing two new drivers in quick succession, claiming performance improvements of up to 25% in this title, which prompted [H] to revisit there results with the newest drivers from both companies. They tested at both 1440p and at 4K and saw changes, though perhaps not as great as NVIDIA first announced. Take a look at the review here and consider the question they pose in their conclusions.
"Forza Motorsport 7 gaming performance has changed, video cards stack up differently when compared. We take Forza Motorsport 7 and apply new NVIDIA GeForce 387.92 and AMD Crimson ReLive 17.10.1 drivers to find out how these compare, what performance differences there are, and if AMD Radeon RX Vega is still king in this game."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Big-budget, single-player gaming isn’t dead (yet) @ Ars Technica
- Middle-Earth Shadow of War: PC graphics performance benchmark @ Guru of 3D
- Wot I Think – South Park: The Fractured But Whole @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing) @ TechSpot
- Total War’s free Mortal Empires DLC merges Warhammer 1 and 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Core i7 8700K vs. Ryzen 7 1800X For NVIDIA/Radeon Linux Gaming @ Phoronix
- Destiny 2 PC launch trailer and hardware requirements released @ HEXUS
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole secrets: find Mr Hankey, 'cheating' and more @ PC Gamer
- Humble Down Under Bundle
- PC Shadow of War players cheat to get around loot box grind @ Ars Technica