Microsoft have completely abandoned their mobile line which is why they have announced the new prototype Andromeda foldable mobile device. The foldable eReader-like device will run Win10 on ARM and will take advantage of Windows Ink to allow users to take accurate notes on the touchscreen. The device is rumoured to have celluar capabilities so it could replace an executives phone, or at least let them leave the laptop at the office. Unfortunately the announcement left out the most interesting detail, we do not know if the fold is between two seperate screens or if the Andromeda will feature a folding screen. Hopefully Windows Central will have an updated post soon.
"Microsoft isn't building this device for your average consumer. If it ever comes to market, and that's a big if, it isn't going to be an iPhone or Android competitor because as Microsoft has publicly claimed in the past, it's just too late for that."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Li-ion Batteries Blow Up Because They Breed Nanowire Crystals @ [H]ard|OCP
- Smart? Don't ThinQ so! Hacked robo-vacuum could spy on your home @ The Register
- Google says there's nothing wrong with Pixel 2 range, begins rolling out fixes @ The Inquirer
- AI bot rips off human eyes, easily cracks web CAPTCHA codes. Ouch @ The Register
- India Overtakes the US To Become the World's Second Largest Smartphone Market @ Slashdot
- SJCAM SJ6 Legend 4k Action Camera @ NikKTech
- AFA: The Flash revolution that's been a long time coming @ The Register