The official ASUS announcement gave us the specification of their new ROG Strix gaming laptops, but to truly get an idea of how they will perform a review is needed. Thankfully Kitguru got their hands on the GTX 1060 powered model of the Scar and tested its performance in FPS games. As it turns out the design of the laptop helps get the most out of that GTX 1060; the fans are loud but very effective at preventing throttling because of high temperatures. It will not compete with a laptop containing a GTX 1080 but it provides a strong showing compared to similar machines. Drop by for a look at the full review and a video which demonstrates the decibel level you can expect at full load.
"ASUS ROG’s Strix Scar laptop is aimed squarely at first person shooter gamers. It boasts GTX 1060 graphics, an i7-7700HQ processor and 16GB of DDR4 – but most impressive is the 120Hz Full-HD display and its 5ms response time."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 @ Techgage
- Testing NVIDIA’s WhisperMode On ASUS’ Zephyrus Gaming Notebook @ Techgage
- The ASUS ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro @ TechARP
- Pixel 2 and 2 XL review—The best Android phone you can buy @ Ars Technica
- Google Pixel 2 XL @ The Inquirer
- The Samsung Galaxy Note8 @ TechARP
looks great, though too heavy
looks great, though too heavy !
Is PCPER going to review ASUS
Is PCPER going to review ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC? It seems to have available in some places.