Today marks the launch of the Windows 10 Fall Creators update which will be pushed out to your machine some time in the near future. Microsoft will be taking it slowly, so if you do not see the update yet do not fret as it will come to you eventually. If you can't possibly wait another second, you can install it manually instead of waiting for the recommended process via Windows Update. The update includes Paint 3D and Story Remix, which brings back capabilities similar to the old MovieMaker, along with enhanced VR support and much more. You can read some of the highlights over at The Inquirer.
Remember patience is a virtue.
"But the main update involves virtual reality (VR) support ready for the wealth of cheapish headsets that are on the way supporting Windows Holographic. Devices from HP and Acer lead the charge."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Toshiba raises dread spectre of working with SK Hynix on flash fab @ The Register
- Microsoft Responded Quietly After Detecting Secret Database Hack in 2013 @ Slashdot
- Never mind the WPA2 drama… Details emerge of TPM key cockup that hits tonnes of devices @ The Register
- Ethereum blockchain is sailing to Byzantium – hard fork up and running @ The Register
- Mobile Phone Companies Appear To Be Selling Your Location To Almost Anyone @ Slashdot
OK. More than half of my
OK. More than half of my family’s computers that I administer are still running version 1607. They’re all set to update automatically. I guess Microsoft thinks those computers can just skip 1703. We’ll
have to wait and see how long it takes til they push this update out to all of my machines.
They are doing Surface first
They are doing Surface first but apart from that no announced schedule.
Definitely no schedule. my
Definitely no schedule. my old Z77 MOBO PC started trying to update as soon as the update went live.