We lost access to the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 back in 2014 when Gamespy's servers were shut down but thanks to a dedicated group of fans and support from Disney the game is once again playable. There are some issues currently, from servers not responding to deadly lag but there is a team working to resolve the issues. From the trailer released earlier this week, linked below, we can see that the new version about to be released is nowhere near as disappointing as the reboot of 2015. There will be far more maps, vehicle and heroes in the new game but we have yet to see if it will match the fun that was the original. Hopefully it will, but it won't match the current price of $4 on GoG.
"Battlefront 2's online relaunch doesn't seem to be going entirely smoothly for everyone, though. The game's Steam forums are currently clogged with threads such as Online is back but I can t [sic] play it, Can't join any servers, Multiplayer crashing and Insane server lag."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- EA shares lengthy Star Wars Battlefront II trailer @ HEXUS
- How hitting a game cartridge unlocks gaming’s weirdest Easter egg @ Ars Technica
- Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization announced @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Cuphead is the prettiest game to make you throw your controller @ Ars Technica
- Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer introduces its cowboy @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Stardock Bundle
- Dawn of War 3 removes Skulls, unlocks doctrines & elites @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Project CARS 2 PC & VR performance evaluation – the Red vs. the Green Team @ BabelTechReviews
- Battlestar Galactic Deadlock is the sci-fi strategy game I’d have killed for in 2005 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Vintage spaceship FPS-RTS Allegiance free on Steam @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN