Phoronix installed an Optane 900P SSD into their AMD EPYC system to test the performance the new drive provides running under Ubuntu. Their results were very similar to Al's, showing that this fairly expensive 280GB SSD can justify its premium price by leaving the competition in the dust. The testing suite they used is quite different from the one here at PCPer but the proof that Optane gets along well with Linux is indisputable.
"At the end of October Intel released the Optane 900P solid-state drive as their new ultra high-end performance SSD. Windows reviews have been positive, but what about using the Optane 900P on Linux? It's working well and delivers stunning NVMe SSD performance."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- ADATA SU900 512 GB SSD @ TechPowerUp
- Crucial BX300 480GB SSD Review @ NikKTech
- Crucial MX300 2 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Crucial BX300 @ The SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop Storage Review @ NikKTech