Wolfenstein II The New Colossus uses the Vulkan API which could favour AMD's offerings however NVIDIA have vastly improved their support so a win is not guaranteed. The Guru of 3D tested the three resolutions which most people are interested in, 1080p, 1440p and 4K on 20 different GPUs in total. They also took a look at the impact of 4-core versus 8-core CPUs, testing the i7-4790K, i7-5960K as well as the Ryzen 7 1800X and even explored the amount of VRAM the game uses. Drop by to see all their results as well as hints on dealing with the current bugs.
"We'll have a peek at the PC release of Wolfenstein II The New Colossus for Windows relative towards graphics card performance. The game is 100% driven by the Vulkan API. in this test twenty graphics cards are being tested and benchmarked."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Stellaris FTL changes are in the warp pipes @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Strategy Simulator Bundle
- Nearly a year later, video game voice actors end their strike @ Ars Technica
- Call of Duty WWII: Benchmark Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Take Two: All future games will feature microtransactions @ HEXUS
- Wot I Think: Call of Duty: WW2 Multiplayer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Call of Duty: WW2: PC graphics analysis benchmark @ Guru of 3D
- Total War: Rome II expanding again with Empire Divided @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- F1 2017 On Linux With 23 Graphics Cards Using Vulkan @ Phoronix
- Radeon vs. NVIDIA Vulkan Performance For F1 2017 On Linux @ Phoronix