Yesterday was supposed to be the first day in which you could pre-order the AMD powered Ataribox retro-gaming machine from Indigogo. Unfortunately that has proved not to be the case as the launch has been delayed indefinitely. The Inquirer was not able to find out any details on what is causing the hold up, nor have we any more information on the hardware which will be inside the box. This announcement also implies the spring launch date is now questionable, hopefully we there will be some details released in the near future about the delay and its effect on delivery times.
"Earlier this week, Atari announced that it would be launching its crowdfunding campaign the Ataribox on 14 December, but just days the firm has been forced to tell prospective customers that pre-orders have been delayed indefinitely."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The 2017 Ars Technica gadget gift guide: Power-user edition
- Motherboard and VICE Are Building a Community Internet Network @ Slashdot
- BlackBerry will support BB10 until 2020, but the Priv has been flushed @ The Inquirer
- Want to really understand how bitcoin works? Here’s a gentle primer @ Ars Technica
- Please, please, c'mon, just… please, pretty please, just, like, please use our AI – Microsoft @ The Register
- Company of Heroes 2 is FREE for a Limited Time @ TechARP
Going thru Indiegogo instead
Going thru Indiegogo instead KickStarter meant they have nothing or no actual hardware prototypes to show. Vaporware at best. Meanwhile perhaps PCPer should look at upcoming GPD Win 2 as news already making rounds.