Have a laptop with Thunderbolt 3 and a mobile GPU that just doesn't cut it anymore? Gigabyte now offers an incredibly easy way to upgrade your laptop, with no screwdriver required! The Aorus GTX 1070 Gaming Box contains an external desktop class GTX 1070 and separate PSU, giving you a dock with some serious gaming prowess. The Tech Report's benchmarks compare this external GPU against the GTX 1060 installed in their Alienware gaming laptop and Alienware's own external GPU enclosure, on both the internal display and an external monitor. The results are somewhat mixed and worth reading through fully, however if you are on an integrated GPU then this solution is an incredible upgrade.
"Gigabyte's Aorus GTX 1070 Gaming Box offers us a look into a future where a big shot of graphics performance is just a single cable away for ultraportable notebook PCs. We plugged the Gaming Box into a test notebook and gave it a spin to see just how bright that future looks."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini @ Guru of 3D
- Zotac GT 1030 2 GB @ Modders-Inc
- The PowerColor Red Devil Vega 56 benchmarked vs. the GTX 1070 Ti at BabelTechReviews
- 13-Way Radeon AMDGPU-PRO 17.50 vs. NVIDIA Linux OpenCL Compute Comparison @ Phoronix
- Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ Limited Edition @ Kitguru
- PowerColor Red Devil Vega 56 8GB @ Guru of 3D
- The AMD Linux Drivers Do *Not* Yet Support Radeon "Navi" @ Phoronix
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Performance @ [H]ard|OCP
Does the product include the
Does the product include the 250$ “Force of Will” Magic Card?
Actually the particular card
Actually the particular card shown is from the Judge Gift Program, making it more like $350.
The biggest online shop in
The biggest online shop in Europe sells it for 230€ = ~250$. ^^
Would be a nice Bonus if the The Aorus GTX 1070 Gaming Box would include the card. ^^
The nerd in me loves the
The nerd in me loves the Magic the gathering for size reference.