Just before the holidays Al wrapped up his review of Crucial's 1TB MX500 SATA drive, which is worth revisiting. The most attractive feature of this SSD is its price, currently for $260 you can grab 1TB of fast storage; not quite in line with Ryan's law but getting close. The performance of the TLC SSD does not suffer because of the low price, while it can't match a current generation M.2 NVMe drive it competes with more expensive SATA based SSDs. If you are concerned about endurance, remember that TLC has matured and Crucial rates this drive as 360TB written over five year. Drop by the Guru of 3D to contrast their benchmarks with our own.
"Crucial announced their new MX500 series SSD, we put the 1TB model to the test. At 25 cents per GB, these units are all about value for money. But they do not compromise on performance, no Sir. The MX500 remains very fast and very effective for the money you put down on that counter."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Crucial MX500 1 TB @ TechPowerUp
- Plextor M9Pe 512GB M2 NVMe SSD @ Guru of 3D
- 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD @ TechARP
- Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB SATA III HDD Review @ NikKTech
- How To Choose The Best Drive For Your PC @ TechARP
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 3TB external drive @ Kitguru
- Synology DiskStation DS118 1-bay NAS @ Kitguru