Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The G3 power supply lived up to EVGA’s claim of smaller size and big performance. The overall test results for the Supernova 750W G3 power supply were excellent. Voltage regulation and AC ripple suppression are some of the best we have seen to date going from a combined output of 75W up to 750W. The maximum AC ripple and noise barely went over 10 mV p-p on the major rails, which is again outstanding. And the power supply features an excellent assortment of modular cables and delivers great efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria.
The 750W G3 PSU incorporates EVGA’s ECO Thermal Control System, which allows the power supply to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. The warranty period is 10 years for the 750W, 850W and 1000W models and 7-years for the 550W and 650W units. And don’t forget the chassis is only 150mm (5.9”) deep. We find ourselves struggling to find anything to complain about, however I would like to see dedicated cables for all six PCI-E connectors and some folk folks may not like the slight added bulk of the in-cable filter caps (I didn't find them to be a problem).
The MSRP for the EVGA Supernova G3 Series power supplies:
• EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G3 ($99.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 ($109.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 ($129.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3 ($149.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G3 ($199.99 USD)
• 750W of Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 92% efficiency
• Outstanding voltage regulation (±1%) on the three primary outputs
• Outstanding AC ripple and noise suppression
• Very quiet 130mm cooling fan with a hydraulic dynamic bearing
• ECO Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low to mid power
• Compact chassis measures only 150mm (5.9”) deep
• Excellent assortment of fully modular cables
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• All Japanese made capacitors for long life and reliable operation
• 10-Year warranty
• Would like to see dedicated cables for all six PCI-E connectors
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 Series Power Supply
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 750 G3 PSU to review – well done!