Ars Technica have assembled an eclectic list of games that they consider the best from last year. Their picks include a variety of platforms, from the Switch to PC, with games ranging the full gamut. VR games are not well represented, interesting considering the number of new games which were released this year or ported, in the case of Skyrim and others. This could be due to the high price to be able to play, or it could represent the somewhat lacklustre uptake of VR gaming. Take a read through the list and then post the games that they completely ignored, that deserve top billing.
"While single-player adventures dominated our rankings this year, the full list encompasses everything from traditional shooters and throwback platformers to indie puzzles and narratives, plus a few VR experiences for good measure."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Max & Maya: Cat Simulator might not be the most authentic thing ever @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- 15-game ‘Premium’ VR Review – Pascal vs. Vega @ BabelTechReviews
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm review: The path to tragedy @ Ars Technica
- The Most Disappointing PC Games of 2017 @ Techspot
- Humble Staff Picks Bundle
- Scanner Sombre Review @ OCC
- PUBG Graphics Performance Revisited: 44 GPUs Tested @ Techspot