SYSmark, WebXPRT, 7-zip
SYSmark 2014 SE
SYSmark® 2014 SE (Second Edition) is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of Office Productivity, Data/Financial Analysis and Media Creation. Joining these in SYSmark 2014 SE is a new Responsiveness scenario which models ‘pain points’ in the user experience when performing common activities. SYSmark 2014 SE features the most popular applications from each of their respective fields.
In the overall score the Ryzen 5 2400G is slower than the Core i3-8100 despite having double the thread count. SYSmark continues to put a heavey emphasis on the responsive sub-set and score, and that in turn is very susceptible to clock frequency jumps and changes. In all of the tests, the 2400G outperforms the Ryzen 5 1400, and the 2200G does the same against the Ryzen 3 1200. That's a good sign – and indicates that AMD is improving the Ryzen platform with higher clocks and a better Precision Boost 2 implementation.
It runs these four tests seven times each:
- Photo Enhancement: Measures the time to apply three effects (Sharpen, Emboss, and Glow) to two photos each, a set of six photos total.
- Organize Album: Measures the time it takes to check for human faces in a set of five photos.
- Stocks Option Pricing: Measures the time to calculate financial indicators of a stock based on historical data and display the result in a dashboard.
- Local Notes: Measures the time to store notes securely in the browser's local storage and display recent entries.
- Sales Graphs: Measures the time to calculate and display multiple views of sales data.
- Explore DNA Sequencing: Measures the time it takes to filter eight DNA sequences for specific characteristics.
The WebXPRT results are another set of tests that paint the Core i3-8100 and i5-8400 in a better light than expected, with both outpacing the Ryzen 5 2400G.
Our 7-Zip tests show strong performances from both of the new Ryzen processors though we still find that that 2400G compares closer to the Core i3-8100 than the Core i5-8400.