Tim did a great write up of the new hardware found in the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ which you should check out below if you missed. Technical specifications are only the first step as we still need to see how the new 1.4GHz Cortex A53's perform in benchmarks and Phoronix have published just that. They compared the Pi 3 to a variety of chips including the previous model, ASUS' Tinkerboard, the two Jetson boards, a few Celerons and even a Core i3. Overall the chip showed an advantage over the previous model; not earth shattering but as the price remains at $35 for the Pi 3 that is still a good deal.
"I've been spending the past few days putting the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ through its paces the past few days with an array of benchmarks while comparing the performance to other ARM SBCs as well as a few lower-end Intel x86 systems too. Here is all you need to know about the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ performance."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- 2 + 2 = 4, er, 4.1, no, 4.3… Nvidia's Titan V GPUs spit out 'wrong answers' in scientific simulations @ The Register
- Best Buy Stops Selling Huawei Smartphones @ Slashdot
- Apple to enter trial production of new iPhone series in 2Q18, say sources @ DigiTimes
- ICO still waiting for 'urgent' warrant to raid Cambridge Analytica's London HQ @ The Inquirer
- Mozilla Pulls Advertising from Facebook @ Slashdot
- Facebook's Zuck comes out of hiding, admits company 'made mistakes' @ The Inquirer
- Seagate's HAMR to drop in 2020: Multi-actuator disk drives on the way @ The Register
- Slack's GDPR changes means admins can now snoop on private chats @ The Inquirer
- Tomb Raider Remasters Have Been Cancelled @ [H]ard|OCP
- HITMAN Spring Pack Is FREE For A Limited Time! @ Tech ARP