Speaking of the X399 Designare EX, [H]ard|OCP recently reviewed this high end Threadripper motherboard. The features of this motherboard are as impressive as the price, you get eight DDR4 slots, three M.2 ports, 13 USB 3.1 slots with a mix of Gen 1 and 2 though only a single Type-C, dual wired NICs plus WiFi and Bluetooth, not to mention four PCIe 3.0 16x slots. All of these features do add to the complexity of setting up a system, especially when overclocking so read through the full review for hints on how best to set up your system.
"GIGABYTE’s X399 Designare EX is a rich, full featured solution for AMD’s Threadripper CPUs. At $370, this isn’t a budget-oriented offering. The thing people usually want to know when looking at motherboards in this price bracket is if such products are worth the extra cost. Read on to find out if this gaming and workstation offering is worthwhile."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI B350M Gaming Pro with Ryzen 5 2400G @ Guru of 3D
- MSI Z370I Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX @ [H]ard|OCP
- ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula @ Kitguru
- ECS Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard Review @ Neoseeker
- Gigabyte Z370N WiFi @ Kitguru
- ASRock X299 Extreme4 @ TechPowerUp