Crucial's MX500 series of SSDs have been out for a little while now, Al reviewed them back in December and since then the price has only become more attractive. The 500GB model now sells for $130US/$168CDN, which makes it fairly attractive and the 1TB model has an even better price per gigabyte. The Tech Report tested these two drives out and the 1TB model was able to match the performance of much more expensive drives thought the rated endurance less. Check out the full review for a reminder on how these drives perform.
"It's been a while since Crucial's MX300 SSD arrived with 3D NAND. The latest drive in the series has been refined with the latest-generation 64-layer 3D TLC. Join us to see how the MX500 fares against the competition."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Hewlett-Packard SSD EX900 M.2 @ Benchmark Reviews
- Crucial MX300 M.2 525 GB @ TechPowerUp
- Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB HDD Review @ Techgage
- microSD Card Buying Guide @ TechSpot
- 256 GB SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive @ TechARP
- Silicon Power Armor A62 4TB USB 3.1 Gen 1 Portable Hard Drive Review @ NikKTech
- Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB External Hard Drive @ Kitguru
- QNAP TS-431P2 4-Bay NAS @ TechPowerUp
- ASUSTOR AS1002T NAS: A Perfect Balance of Value and Features @ Modders-Inc