The Z370 Lightsaber motherboard performed within expectations under stock conditions easily matching performance with other Intel Z370-based boards. No overclocking results were shown because of non-board related processor issues we encountered with our test CPU.
As of April 02, the ECS Z370 Lightsaber motherboard was not available from any US retailers.
The Z370 Lightsaber is a very well designed product, illustrating ECS' ability to design an enthusiast-friendly product in this crowded marketplace. The board featured matte-black aesthetics, guaranteed to blend in almost any build. Design-wise, ECS did integrated high-end features normally found on more costly board like the 14-phase digital power system, a slew of ports, and top-notch sound. They even integrated a dual BIOS design to ensure proper system operation under any circumstances.
- Stock performance
- Overclocking potential
- Board aesthetics, layout, and design
- li>UEFI BIOS design and usability
- No bandwidth sharing between PCIe slots and M.2 port
- GigE network controller performance
- M.2 port placement
- Inclusion of enthusiast-friendly features – dual CMOS chips, on-board power / reset / Quick OC / BIOS function buttons, 2-digit LED diagnostic display
- Lack of US retail availability
- CMOS battery placement
- BIOS reset button in rear panel
- Motherboard manual details