Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The latest Hydro PTM power supply from FSP proved to be a very good unit and a worthy member of their power supply lineup. The power supply delivered excellent efficiency and very good performance across the board.
The unit exhibited very good voltage regulation, high efficiency (80 Plus Platinum) and excellent AC ripple and noise suppression. The cooling fan starts out very quiet and stays that way through mid-power levels. The Hydro PTM Series also features fully modular, flat ribbon-style cables for easy installation and clean builds.
The FSP Hydro PTM power supplies offer a full complement of safety and protection features and come backed by a 10-year warranty. Very nice!
The Hydro PTM Platinum Series power supplies are currently available. The following prices are from amazon.com (April 2018).
• FSP Hydro PTM 750W $139.99
• FSP Hydro PTM 650W $124.99
• FSP Hydro PTM 550W $109.99
• 550W, 650W or 750W continuous DC output @ 50°C
• High efficiency, 80 PLUS Platinum certified
• Quiet 135mm Hydro Dynamic Bearing fan
• Very good voltage regulation ±2%
• Excellent AC ripple and noise suppression
• 100% Japanese made electrolytic capacitors
• Interchangeable side stickers for color coordination
• Fully modular with flat ribbon-style cables
• Multi GPU and VR ready
• Protections: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, UVP and OTP
• 10-Year Manufacturer’s warranty !
Minor Weaknesses :
• Fanless operation symbol on the box, but not supported
FSP Hydro PTM 650W Power Supply
Our thanks to the FSP Group Inc. for supplying us with the review sample!