The rumours are flying that the Windows 10 April Update might start arriving on machines today. The root of this rumour is a large update released today for those running the last major update and it is not alone. The Inquirer also spotted some information suggesting the Surface Phone may be launching soon as well as Windows Lean, a slimmed down OS for hybrid tablets which will hopefully be better than Windows 10 S. The last bit of speculation has to do with how Windows will update. This could be the last large update Microsoft pushes out and we may start to learn more about how they intend to move their OS into a service model instead of a product.
None of this has been confirmed, so keep your eyes peeled for official announcements.
"A cumulative update (KB4093105) for the previous Fall Creators' Update (1709) was pushed through this morning and we'd bet it probably readies the ground for the big update."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft kills off Skype for Business, Teams and Yammer apps for Windows Phone @ The Inquirer
- Apple reportedly requires price cuts for OLED panels @ DigiTimes
- Atlanta Projected To Spend At Least $2.6 Million on Ransomware Recovery @ Slashdot
- I got 99 secure devices but a Nintendo Switch ain't one: If you're using Nvidia's Tegra boot ROM I feel bad for you, son @ The Register
- Algorithm Automatically Spots 'Face Swaps' In Videos @ Slashdot