So far we have mostly seen reviews of watercoolers for Threadripper but there is an air cooler designed to tame this multi-threaded beast. The Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA621P is one such heatsink, a 1.2kg beast with two fans. [H]ard|OCP's testing shows this cooler to be capable of cooling your 1950X at stock speeds, but do not expect the overclocks an AiO watercooler allows. The installation is a bit of a challenge but this is the least expensive cooler for Threadripper, as well as being the only air cooler for it from CM. Check the full review to get a closer look at this large chunk of metal.
"The AMD Ryzen Threadripper is a beast when it comes to overclocking and cooling. Cooler Master steps into the ring with the first Threadripper-specific air cooler that we have come across. We have put it through the paces here on our highly overclocked and overvolted 1950X. Does the MasterAir MA621P have what it takes?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Noctua NH-L12S @ Modders Inc
- Aerocool's P7-L240 closed-loop liquid CPU cooler @ The Tech Report
- Enermax Liqtech TR4 280 AIO @ Modders-Inc
- NZXT Kraken X72 @ Guru of 3D
- Phanteks Glacier R160 Reservoir @ TechPowerUp
- Corsair Carbide 275R @ Benchmark Reviews
- Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic @ TechPowerUp
- VIVO CASE-V10G Review @ OCC
- Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic chassis @ Guru of 3D