Even after years of suggestions and beratement, CMOS battery placement remains a sore spot for a variety of reveiwers. The Crosshair VII Hero is no exception, where the battery will be buried under you GPU; what is exceptional is that this is the sole shortcoming to this AM4 board. [H]ard|OCP were duly impressed by the features and performance of this board, as well as the price tag, which is nicely under $300. Whether you plan on taking advantage of Precision Boost 2 or manually overclocking, this is a board worth checking out.
"Along with the second generation AMD Ryzen CPUs, we are getting the new and somewhat improved X470 chipset motherboards. We have been beating on the Crosshair VII Hero for about a month now and have figured out what we like about, outside of it being an excellent overclocker for the Ryzen 7 CPUs."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASRock X470 Taichi @ Guru of 3D
- Gigabyte's X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi @ The Tech Report
- ASRock X399M Taichi @ TechPowerUp
- MSI B360 Gaming Pro Carbon @ Kitguru
- MSI GS65 Stealth 8RE @ Kitguru
- Gigabyte AORUS AX370-Gaming K5 @ Modders-Inc