Kudos to Intel for choosing to name their Coffee Lake Refresh exactly that, instead of adding an 'S' to the end of the name. The refresh is rumoured to include an 8-core mainstream model, which will somewhat narrow AMD's current lead. The rumours The Inquirer heard also suggest a 22-core high end model is a possibility, certainly an interesting count if nothing else. This would come at a cost however, a run of Coffee Lake Refresh suggests that Cannon Lake may need a little work before it can be fired off.
"The schedule states that Intel will launch the 8-core chip as an extension of the existing Coffee Lake family of processors in a few months' time, but it will be named the Coffee Lake Refresh, not the Coffee Lake S as previously speculated."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft's drama-stricken Windows 10 April Update is open for business, apparently @ The Inquirer
- Cisco Talos reveals inner depths of now-patched Windows disk image security flaw @ The Register
- Adobe is Reviving the Stunning Lost Fonts of the Bauhaus @ Slashdot
- WD Black NVMe SSD Showcase @ TechARP
- These Twenty Amazing Projects Won The Robotics Module Challenge @ Hack a Day
- Microsoft's Windows 10 April Update reviewed @ The Tech Report
- Apple will throw forensics cops off the iPhone Lightning port every hour @ The Register
- BenQ ScreenBar e-Reading Lamp @ Kitguru