Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Once again, the SuperNOVA G3 power supply lived up to EVGA’s claim of smaller size and big performance at an affordable price. The overall test results for the Supernova 650W G3 power supply were excellent and compared very favorably with the 750W unit we tested earlier this year.
Voltage regulation and AC ripple suppression continue to be excellent going from a combined output of 65W to 650W in our tests. The maximum AC ripple and noise barely went over 10 mV p-p, which is again outstanding. And the power supply features a good assortment of modular cables and delivers great efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria.
The 650W G3 PSU incorporates EVGA’s ECO Thermal Control System, which allows the power supply to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. The warranty period is 7-years for the 550W and 650W units and 10 years for the 750W, 850W and 1000W models. And don’t forget the chassis is only 150mm (5.9”) deep.
The MSRP for the EVGA Supernova G3 Series power supplies:
• EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G3 ($99.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 ($109.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 ($129.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3 ($149.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G3 ($199.99 USD)
• 650W of Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 92% efficiency
• Outstanding voltage regulation (±1%) on the three primary outputs
• Outstanding AC ripple and noise suppression
• Very quiet 128mm cooling fan with a hydraulic dynamic bearing
• ECO Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low to mid power
• Compact chassis measures only 150mm (5.9”) deep
• Excellent assortment of fully modular cables
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• All Japanese made capacitors for long life and reliable operation
• 7-Year warranty
• I would personally prefer to see the 24-pin ATX and 4+4 pin CPU cables fixed instead of being totally modular
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 Series Power Supply
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the SuperNOVA 650W G3 PSU to review.