This newish FreeSync display from Philips features a 1800R curve to it's 31.5" 1080p display, with a top refresh rate of 75Hz. The panel itself is an advanced Vertical Alignment display with a W-LED backlight, 8-bit colour and a reported 5ms response time. It is relatively inexpensive, at £230 or roughly $300 and Kitguru found that this required some compromises on Philips' part. There is still a market for it, as many gamers are less interested in colour accuracy when playing DOOM and care far more about decent response without tearing. Check out the full review for more.
"The Philips 328E8QJAB5 is a monitor that serves up a tempting design for a surprising price. The £230 cost undercuts most of its rivals – and, for that money, you still get a 31.5in curved panel with AMD FreeSync."
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- Lenovo Smart Display review: The Google Assistant now has a face @ Ars Technica
- Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ @ Kitguru
- AOC AGON AG352UCG Curved G-SYNC Gaming Monitor Review @ NikKTech
- GeChic On-Lap 1305H Portable Monitor @ Kitguru
- LG 32GK850F monitor @ The Inquirer
- Iiyama Red Eagle G-MASTER GB2560HSU 24.5in 144Hz Monitor @ Kitguru
- ASUS ProArt PA32UC @ Kitguru