There really isn't a lot of space on a mini-ITX board, which did not stop ASUS from fitting quite a bit onto this new X470 motherboard. Indeed the only real sacrifices are the single 16x PCIe 3.0 slot and that there is only a pair of DIMM slots. Other than that there are a pair of M.2 ports, four SATA ports and 10 USB ports of varying description including two second generation USB 3.1 ports. [H]ard|OCP were impressed with the quality of the build, the overclocking and the general performance of the board, check out the full review here.
"ASUS has another mini-ITX powerhouse on its hands, and this time its for AMD’s 2nd Generation Ryzen processors. The ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming promises a lot, and frankly we expect a lot from these motherboards. ASUS practically set the standard for enthusiast class mini-ITX motherboards and it has set the bar very high in the past."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming @ Kitguru
- ASUS TUF X470 Plus-Gaming @ Guru of 3D
- ASUS TUF X470-Plus @ Modders Inc
- GIGABYTE Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi @ [H]ard|OCP
- MSI Z370 PC Pro @ Kitguru
- BioStar Racing B360 GT5S @ Modders Inc
- ASRock AB350M Pro4 @ TechPowerUp