The low cost workstation class 2990WX has been verified as running at 5.955GHz on an MSI MEG X399 Creation board, with the help of a lot of liquid nitrogen. The Inquirer has links to the setup that Indonesian overclocker Ivan Cupa needed in order to manage this feat, which required fans to cool certain portions of the motherboard as well. You are not likely to see this set up installed in a server room but the achievement is no less impressive as that is an incredible frequency to reach. Check it out in all it's glory.
"So far, it would seem that AMD is on top when it comes to willy-waving, though it's worth noting that overclocked performance is a tad nebulous and real-world in-app performance is really where choosing an Intel or AMD chip comes to play."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- TSMC sees pickup in orders for mining ASICs @ DigiTimes
- ARM takes aim at Intel with its laptop-class processor ambitions @ The Inquirer
- Foreshadow and Intel SGX software attestation: 'The whole trust model collapses' @ The Register
- Intel’s 10nm Cannon Lake chip gets another outing in new NUC mini PC @ Ars Technica
- IoT shouters Chirp get themselves added to Microsoft Azure IoT @ The Register
- What Are the Best CCleaner Alternatives? @ TechSpot
- Cougar Armor S Gaming Chair @ TechPowerUp
- NikKTech & 1MORE Feel The Sound European Giveaway