Your new word for today is mem-chanical, which describes a crossbred keyboard with both membranes and a spring, which makes the keyboard feel like a mechanical keyboard without actually being one. In theory this is to keep the cost down, though The Tech Report points out that the Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard costs as much as many mechanical keyboards. That said, the implementation is effective to the point where it is unlikely you could tell the difference between a mechanical keyboard and the Ornata Chroma; until you lift your finger slightly. Learn more about this type of keyboard in general and Razer's implementation specifically in the full review.
"Razer's Ornata Chroma keyboard tries to meld two things that usually go together like oil and water for keyboard enthusiasts: the clickiness of mechanical switches with the affordability of rubber domes. We got the Ornata Chroma's Mecha-Membrane switches under our fingers to see if Razer succeeded."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- iKBC CD108 BT Keyboard @ TechPowerUp
- Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB @ Benchmark Reviews
- CORSAIR STRAFE RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review @ NikKTech
- Input Club's WhiteFox @ The Tech Report
- Corsair STRAFE MK.2 RGB @ Benchmark Reviews
- Logitech G513 Carbon @ Overclockers Club
- SteelSeries' Apex M750 @ The Tech Report
- Tt eSPORTS Nemesis Switch Optical RGB @ TechPowerUp
- Logitech PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse @ TechPowerUp
- SteelSeries' Rival 600 @ The Tech Report
- Gamdias Hades M1 @ Benchmark Reviews