Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The BitFenix Formula Gold 750W power supply is our second look at what BitFenix has to offer in the power supply market. They appear to be targeting main stream PC users with the Formula Gold series, shooting for the right balance of solid performance, quiet operation, and a low price.
The BitFenix Formula Gold 750W power supply produced very good DC voltage regulation with all three main outputs staying within ±2% of the target values. The power supply also exhibited good efficiency, easily meeting the criteria for 80 Plus Gold certification. The AC ripple and noise suppression was also good. And overall the power supply is very quiet.
The Formula Gold 750W PSU has a nice assortment of fixed cables. However we have two minor complaints with the cables. First the two 4+4 pin CPU connectors are daisy-chained onto one cable and the other is the added bulk of the 24-pin ATX connector due to a trio of small filter capacitors under the sleeving.
The BitFenix Formula Gold 750W power supply is currently available and selling for around $88.00 USD (newegg.com August 2018), which is a good competitive price for a solid 750W Gold PSU.
• 750W Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• Very good voltage regulation (±2% on the three main outputs)
• Very quiet throughout most of the power range
• Good efficiency (80Plus Gold certified)
• Good AC ripple and noise suppression
• Japanese made capacitors
• Safety protections: OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, SCP, OTP, and SIP
• Compact chassis only 140mm deep
• Competitive pricing
• 5-Year warranty
• Two 4+4 pin CPU connectors daisy-chained on a single cable
• Bulky 24-pin ATX connector
BitFenix Formula Gold 750W Power Supply
Our thanks to BitFenix for sending us the Formula Gold 750W PSU to review.