It honestly feels far too soon to be typing the letters CES in sequence, but the show is not that far away anymore and there is some news worth sharing. Yesterday it was revealed that AMD's CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, will be the keynote speaker at CES. This has lead to rumours that during her speech she will reveal Navi, AMD's next generation GPU. This was later confirmed, so we will be seeing at least some information about AMD's 7nm GPU, with or without ray tracing, during her keynote and at the AMD booth. With NVIDIA's successful launch of some rather expensive GPUs, some of which are even available, we can hope that AMD's new GPUs give them a run for the money; in one way or another.
"The GPU outfit announced that its CEO, Dr Lisa Su, will deliver a keynote address at next year's CES and spill the beans on the new chips and GPUs. Yes, it's an announcement of an announcement."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Nvidia's RTX 2080 Ti GPU will finally start shipping this week @ The Inquirer
- Linux, HCI and more, all from the new release of Windows Server 2019 @ The Register
- The KillMii is an entire Wii console in a tin of mints @ The Inquirer
- Apple forgot to lock Intel Management Engine in laptops, so get patching @ The Register
- TiVo Bolt OTA review: For would-be cord-cutters with great antenna reception @ Ars Technica