It's been a long time coming but the total conversion of Fallout: New Vegas is finally here, at least in beta form anyhow. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN has a teaser video and links to the files you will need to mod New Vegas into New California and revisit the post-apocalyptic coast. There are a number of other mods the team recommends to enhance your gameplay, as well as the LAA patch which is required. You can expect to see interesting behaviour at this point in the release, New Vegas is eight years old and may balk at the amount of cores and RAM in your machine, so make sure to keep notes on any crashes and let the team know.
If you are fighting with multiple monitors, here is a good first step.
"Formerly known as Project Brazil, New California has been in the works since the early days of New Vegas, which coincidentally just turned eight years old. New California tells the story of a new protagonist – the Star Player – a Vault-Ball player who (depending on choices made during the prologue) will follow broadly combat or science-themed stories."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Bethesda softens ground for “spectacular issues” with Fallout 76 launch @ Ars Technica
- Devs apologise for kicking World War 3 off to a disastrous start @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble WB Games Bundle
- How Star Control II was almost a much more boring game @ Ars Technica
- Premature Evaluation: Shortest Trip to Earth @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 review: War games, now with battle royale! @ Ars Technica