TechSpot were somewhat disappointed with the temperatures they were seeing on the new i9-9900k and so decided to do what many have been trying lately; delidding and replacing the TIM between the CPU and heatspreader. The results speak for themselves, when overclocking you can expect a 3-5C drop in temperature. This comes with the risk of cracking the die and ruining your CPU as well as definitively voiding your warranty, so do consider that when looking at the results.
"We know that soldering CPUs works a lot better than the paste method Intel's been using to cut costs, so we wanted to know how much better is the solder method used by the 9900K than the paste of the 8700K/8086K?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- OCC Reveals Its Best Mid ATX Computer Cases 2018
- Antec Dark Fleet DF-500 @ TechPowerUp
- Metallicgear Neo Micro Aluminum Case Review @ Hardware Asylum
- GameMax Starlight @ Kitguru
- EK-Vardar EVO 120ER RGB Fan @ TechPowerUp