Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Overall the Gigabyte AORUS P850W power supply delivered very good results during our testing. It passed in all areas with no notable problems. The AORUS P850W produced excellent DC voltage regulation with all the DC outputs staying within ±2% of the target values. The power supply exhibited very good efficiency, easily meeting the criteria for 80 Plus Gold certification, even while operating on 120 VAC and at elevated temperatures. And the AC ripple and noise suppression was excellent.
The AORUS P850W PSU comes with a very good assortment of fully-modular cables that include six PCI-E connectors and two 4+4 pin CPU connectors. All of the cables are black, ribbon-style for easy routing and a clean build. The cooling fan doesn’t spin up until you hit 20% load so the PSU is silent at idle and low power and stays quiet through mid-power. The P850W is built with high-quality components, i.e. Japanese made capacitors and Yate Loon Electronics double ball bearing fan and comes backed by a 10-year warranty.
The Gigabyte AORUS P850W power supply is scheduled to start entering retail channels in September 2018. The MSRP for the AORUS P850W is $149.99 USD.
• Fully modular cable system
• 80 PLUS® Gold certified for high efficiency
• Quiet double ball bearing fan
• Semi-fanless operation (fan off below 20% load)
• 100% Japanese made capacitors
• Six 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors for high-end GPU support
• Active Power Factor correction with Universal AC input (100 to 240 VAC)
• Safety protections: OVP, OPP, SCP, UVP, OCP, and OTP
• 10-Year warranty
• Filter caps on modular cables not sleeved to cable bundle
Gigabyte AORUS P850W Power Supply
Our thanks to Gigabyte for sending us the AORUS P850W PSU to review.