You still shouldn't hold your breath, as we have seen announcements like this before, but it is possible Samsung will be showing off a foldable phone next month. Even more ambitious is their announcement that they will also be developing a foldable laptop screen. We have seen numerous other companies work on this before, but so far none have released a working model. If they can pull it off there are numerous applications which could benefit from this technology; with current hybrid tablet/laptops becoming truly foldable and eReaders offering a much more paper-like feel. The Inquirer has links to the rumours here.
"While the South Korean tech giant is supposedly set to unveil a smartphone with a foldable display next month, the company is apparently going to push that tech to laptops, reported The Verge."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Grumbling about wobbly Windows 10? Microsoft can't hear you over the clanging cash register @ The Register
- British Airways admits mega-breach hit additional 185,000 customers @ The Inquirer
- Cathay Pacific Data Breach Hits 9.4 Million People @ Slashdot
- Finally, someone takes a stand against Apple, Samsung for slowing people's phones. Just a few million dollars, tho @ The Register
- IPC makers suffering from processor supply shortfall @ DigiTimes
- With 5G, You Won't Just Be Watching Video. It'll Be Watching You, Too @ Slashdot