The new Pixel Slate has an impressive 12.3", 3000×2000, 293ppi touchscreen, powered by the UHD 615 GPU on the Core i5-8200Y. You will also find 8GB and a 128GB SSD, what you will not find is Thunderbolt on the 2 USB-C ports nor a headphone jack. You do pay for the components and design, a Slate with those specs will cost you $1000. Ars Technica were impressed by the Chromebook, especially the inclusion of fingerprint authentication.
"The Pixel Slate may not share a silver-and-white aesthetic with the Pixelbook, but it still has a clean design, now just with a darker hue. The all-metal back sports a deep navy color with a slightly lighter blue "G" on the top-left corner."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 @ The Inquirer
- ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331UN Ultrabook @ Kitguru
- Huawei MateBook Pro X: PC makers look out, the phone guys are here @ The Register
- The Realme 2 Pro @ TechARP
- The Best Smartphones:In 3 Simple Categories @ Techspot