A 100 tonne mech may not qualify as it's own Steel City but that hasn't stopped them from learning some sweet new moves. The 1.3 patch is accompanied by the Flashpoint expansion, marking some major changes to the game. If you didn't update to the 1.3 beta to test the new Mechwarrior skills you will have the chance to respec your entire squad with the new special skills, otherwise your crew will remain as it was.
The addon introduces three new mechs, a new environment to stomp through and Flashpoints, which are random missions, with several battles strung together, with no chance to rest or repair between them. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN enjoyed the ones they saw, as they include new characters and choices unlike the missions you generally undertake. Check it out here.
"Flashpoint, the first expansion for wonkily-explained, slow-burn stomp-o-strategy gem BattleTech, does exactly what I wanted it to: gives me a cast-iron reason to keep playing indefinitely. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Two weeks in, Fallout 76 is a lonely, glitchy, flawed mess @ Ars Technica
- Alien: Blackout game reveal looks set for The Game Awards @ HEXUS
- Humble Jumbo Bundle
- Obi-Wan and the Battle Of Geonosis arrive in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Observations and lessons from two decades of writing about video game @ Ars Technica
- Khorne's minions arrive in Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor – Martyr before an overhaul @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield V PC Game & Performance @ BabelTechReviews
- Darksiders III @ TechPowerUp
- HITMAN 2 @ OCC