The gang behind the porting of the original Half Life to the Source Engine have just released a trailer of the most frustrating part of the original game, the trip to Xen. Due for release some time next year, the trailer below shows off just how much better everything looks when moved to an updated game engine. You can enjoy the experience of screaming in frustration at a much higher resolution Gonarch now; it looks like perhaps they borrowed a part of the new Red Dead Redemption's physics model to make the beasty even more disturbing to look at.
Whatever you do, do not not visit Steam today. Do not take advantage of the 60% off Black Mesa currently being applied, as it will be very dangerous to even think about Steam for the next few days!
"They also say that they’re now planning to add the Xen chapter in 2019, some time from March to the end of June, so that’s three-ish years after the early access debut of its terrestrial chapters. I am pleased with how alive parts look."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Examining the performance of Nvidia RTX effects in Battlefield V @ The Tech Report
- Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti @ Legit Reviews
- Battlefield V DXR Real-Time Ray Tracing Performance Tested @ Techspot
- Upgrade your Napoleon, Empire, and Medieval II to Definitive Editions free @ Steam
- Video: How an 11th-hour decision made Aliens versus Predator a classic @ Ars Technica
- Stellaris turning space megacapitalist with Megacorp expansion in December @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Half-Life is 20! Happy Birthday! We are all old! @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- NES Hack Lets the Mario Bros. Play Together @ Hack a Day
- Hitman 2 Benchmark Performance Analysis @ TechPowerUp
- Bomber Crew @ Bjorn3d
- Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus @ TechPowerUp
- HellSign (Early Access) @ TechPowerUp
- No Man's Sky 'Visions' update arrives tomorrow @ HEXUS
- The Bard's Tale IV adds free saving, old-school grid movement, old heroes and more @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Total Warhammer 2 jacks into Linux & Mac @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN