The Dark Rock 4 from be quiet! is their highest-end air cooler, with a large footprint and distinctive sleek all-black aesthetic that has been a welcome alternative to more ostentatious designs on the market. But be quiet! is aware that this large heatsink, like many of this type on the market, can present clearance issues for taller RAM. Enter the Dark Rock Slim, a more compact single-tower cooler design that offers better RAM compatibility while still maintaining powerful cooling capabilities, handling up to a 180W TDP processor. The same stealthy aesthetic from the other Dark Rock coolers is retained with the new slim model, including a black brushed aluminum top cover and black heatsink fins and heat pipes.
The Dark Rock Slim poses for the camera (via be quiet! on Twitter)
Features from be quiet! include:
- 180W TDP
- Slim heat sink design for maximum RAM compatibility
- Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM funnel shaped front fan: Airflow-optimized blades, six-pole fan
motor and fluid dynamic bearing (FDB)
- Decoupled fan mounting
- Four advanced high-performance copper heat pipes maximize heat conductance
- Small dots on the fin surface increase cooling area
- Special black coating with ceramic particles for perfect heat transfer
- Brushed aluminum top cover with high-grade diamond cut finish
- Convenient top mounting
- Support for an additional 120mm fan – installation clamps for standard fans included
The Dark Rock Slim launches in Q2 2019 with a retail price expected to be around $50.
Also shown at the be quiet! suite was Shadow Wings 2, which are low-RPM case fans that feature a decoupled mounting system, airflow optimized fan blades, and a rubber frame and mounting system with optional push-pin installation. There is also a white version on the way which is made of white plastic, and not simply painted, and provides a unified look inside white enclosures such as the Dark Base 700 White Edition.
The Shadow Wings 2 fans launch this month beginning with the black version, with the white version slated for Q2 2019. Pricing will range from $15.90 – $18.90.
And finally we have the Pure Wings 2 high-speed fans, which spin at up to 2000 RPM in the 120 mm version, and 1600 RPM in the 140 mm version. The fans offer a rifle bearing with 80,000 hour operating life, and are available in both PWM and 3-pin versions. The fans will be available this month at prices ranging from $12.50 – $13.90.