Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Corsair continues to excel in the high-power SFX small form-factor arena. The new SF750 Platinum power supply exhibited excellent voltage regulation along with very good AC ripple suppression, even at full load. The power supply also delivered excellent efficiency; easily meeting the strict 80 Plus Platinum criteria while operating on 120 VAC and at elevated temperatures.
Like the previous SF450 and SF600, the Platinum Series SF750 power supply is fully modular and comes with individually sleeved cables. It incorporates a Zero RPM fan mode (up to ~40% load) for silent operation at low power. And once spinning the cooling fan continues to operate relatively quietly through mid-load, thanks to the Corsair custom designed 92mm cooling fan. And last but not least the PSU is backed by Corsair’s 7-year warranty.
SFX small form-factor power supplies still occupy a relatively small niche market that dictates premium prices. Pricing for the three Corsair Platinum Series SFX power supplies are currently set at:
• Platinum Series SF750 MSRP: $179.99 USD
• Platinum Series SF600 MSRP: $149.99 USD
• Platinum Series SF450 MSRP: $119.99 USD
• 750W continuous DC output
• Compact SFX form-factor chassis (only 100mm deep)
• Excellent efficiency: 80 Plus Platinum certified
• Excellent load regulation with very good AC ripple suppression
• Corsair designed 92mm fan with a riffled sleeve bearing for long life
• Zero RPM Fan Mode for silent operation at low to mid power
• 105°C Japanese electrolytic capacitors for high reliability
• SFX-to-ATX mounting bracket included
• Active PFC (0.99 PF typical) with Universal AC input
• 7-Year Manufacturer’s warranty
• Cables are intentionally short for use in SFX enclosures (may be too short for use in larger cases when using the SFX-to-ATX adapter)
• Small, specialty market keeps it relatively expensive
Corsair Platinum Series SF750 SFX Power Supply
Our thanks to Corsair for sending us the SF750 PSU to review!