There was a dearth of USB-C audio devices shown off at CES, with wireless connectivity and other ways of dealing with the removal of the audio jack from phones getting far more attention. However, Creative were up to the challenge and showed off their new USB-C to 3.5mm SXFI Amp for headphones as well as the Aurvana SE over the ears headset and Aurvana Trio earbuds.
The amp is quite impressive, with an Asahi Kasei Microdevices AK4377 32-bit DAC that can drive headphones with up to a 600Ω impedance, and provide 120dB SNR from 24 bit/96 kHz input and provide 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 channel sound. TechPowerUp took a listen to all three products and compiled a review for those who want high quality audio from their phone.
"Creative finally brings to market its Super X-Fi technology built over 20 years of R&D. It aims to be a radical new change to the audio world by not only offering extremely convincing surround sound using stereo headphones, but generally enhancing the audio experience even for mono recordings provided you have a certain set of compatible devices."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Logitech G533 Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset @ OCC
- The Logitech G Pro Headset Review – Built for Pro Gamers @ BabelTechReviews
- DUNU Falcon-C Hi-Res Earphones Review @ NikKTech
- Asus STRIX Fusion 700 Wireless Headset @ Guru of 3D
- Edifier AirPulse A300 Premium Speakers @ Techspot