Introduction and Features
Seasonic’s new line of SFX-L PSUs
Seasonic continues to be one of the most respected names in the PC power supply industry. In addition to selling power supplies under their own brand, Seasonic is the OEM for numerous other PC power supply vendors. Their new FOCUS SGX Series currently includes two power supplies, the SGX-450 (450W) and the SGX-650 (650W), which are designed for use in small form-factor builds. We will be taking a detailed look at the SGX-650 in this review.
Both FOCUS SGX power supplies are fully modular and comply with the 80 Plus Gold certification criteria for high efficiency. The SGX-450 and SGX-650 use a 120mm fan with a Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) for quiet, reliable operation and can operate in silent fanless mode (below 30% load) thanks to Seasonic’s Hybrid Silent Fan Control. The compact SFX-L size chassis measures 125mm square and both power supplies are backed by a 10-year Seasonic warranty.
(Courtesy of Seasonic)
• Seasonic FOCUS SGX-450 ($99.99 USD)
• Seasonic FOCUS SGX-650 ($129.99 USD)
Seasonic FOCUS SGX Series Key Features:
• 450W or 650W Continuous DC output
• Fully modular cabling design with (4) PCI-E connectors
• Compact SFX-L chassis size
• 80 PLUS Gold certified for high efficiency
• 120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fan
• Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control (silent below 30% load)
• Highly reliable Japanese 105°C aluminum electrolytic capacitors
• Tight voltage regulation (12V, 5V, and 3.3V: ±3%)
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety protections: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP and SCP
• SFX to ATX adapter plate included
• 10-Year warranty
Here is what Seasonic has to say about the new FOCUS SGX power supplies: “The long-awaited new line of Seasonic’s FOCUS SGX is versatile in its application, and powerful with a small footprint. The FOCUS SGX is shipped with an SFX to ATX adapter bracket in the box, which allows the power supply to be mounted not only in the SFX form factor chassis, but also a standard ATX chassis should the user prefer to reserve more space for airflow inside the PC case. The versatile FOCUS SGX measures only 125mm in both length and width. This super-compact size allows it to fit into various sized computer cases.
The Seasonic Hybrid Fan Control is always enabled to optimize the cooling according to necessity and functions in three operational stages: Fanless Mode, Silent Mode, and Cooling Mode.”