3D Mark recently released an inexpensive update to their benchmarking suite to let you test your ray tracing performance; you can grab Port Royal for a few dollars from Steam. As there has been limited time to use the benchmark as well as a small sample of GPUs which can properly run it, it has not yet made it into most benchmarking suites. Bjorn3D took the time to install it on a decent system and tested the performance of the Titan and the five RTX cards available on the market.
As you can see, it is quite the punishing test, not even NVIDIA's flagship card can maintain 60fps.
"3DMark is finally updated with its newest benchmark designed specifically to test real time ray tracing performance. The benchmark we are looking at today is Port Royal, it is the first really good repeatable benchmark I have seen available that tests new real time ray tracing features."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Linux Performance From Gaming To TensorFlow & Compute @ Phoronix
- Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 AMP 6 GB @ TechPowerUp
- ASUS ROG RTX 2060 Strix OC @ Kitguru
- Palit GeForce RTX 2060 GamingPro OC @ The Guru of 3D
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Founders Edition 6 GB @ TechPowerUp
- Overclocking Showdown – the RTX 2060 vs. the Red Devil RX Vega 56 & vs. the GTX 1070 Ti @ BabelTechReviews
- RX 570 vs. GTX 1050 Ti: What's the best $150 GPU @ Techspot
- OCC Unveils Its Best Graphics Cards Picks 2018 @ Overclockers Club