Today ARM will reveal what it has up it's sleeves, with an announcement about their updated Armv8.1-M. This will add M-Profile Vector Extension to the current model, which will give a boost to it's ability to process input locally, without needing to connect to the cloud for back up. It will also include Low Overhead Branch Extensions which will optimize the performance of onboard memory. These two improvements, along with the others which you can read about at The Registerr will make your IoT devices a little more powerful in a few years, once Armv8.1-M hits the market.
"This technology is expected to be the foundation of future beefy Arm Cortex-M CPU cores that chipmakers can license and stick in their components."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Insurance Giant Allstate Buys Independent Phone Repair Company, Joins Right To Repair Movement @ Slashdot
- OpenAI has a fake news bomb made of AI and no clue what to do with it @ The Inquirer
- TSMC gearing up for 7nm chip production for Qualcomm @ DigiTimes
- Google’s Waymo risks repeating Silicon Valley’s most famous blunder @ Ars Technica
- Hack My House: Garage Door Cryptography Meets Raspberry Pi @ Hackaday