Microsoft recently release Office 2019, along with a series of videos about why you shouldn't buy it, one of which you can see at Ars Technica if you don't want to watch them all. It does make sense financially as you will pay for Office 359 forever, while Office 2019 is a one time purchase, but mocking your own product is a bold move.
That is not the only self inflicted mockery coming from Redmond today, as they now refer to IE 11 as "a compatibility solution" and not a web browser. As their other browser, the one you use to install Chrome, will soon be Chromium based which the competition seems to approve of.
Considering how hard Microsoft fought to ensure IE remained an integral part of Windows, this seems a major sea change for the company.
"In an unusual turn of events, Microsoft this week warned Windows users off from using its Internet Explorer and dissed its new Office 2019 suite in a series of videos that show it to be worse than the competition."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- LibreOffice 6.2 will protect you from Office 2019 @ The Inquirer
- Nintendo: 3DS sales falling “faster than anticipated” @ Ars Technica
- Apple puts bullet through 'Do Not Track', FaceTime snooping bug and iOS vulnerabilities @ The Register
- Google Updates: Check Up, Sound Up and wearables boss @ The Inquirer
- NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 Wireless Router @ Kitguru