Introduction and Features
EVGA’s new line of SFX PSUs
During the past year we have seen a lot of interest in the SFX small form-factor power supply market with more and more big-name power supply manufacturers adding new products on a regular basis. EVGA’s SuperNOVA GM Series includes three SFX form-factor power supplies: 450 GM (450W), 550 GM (550W) and 650 GM (650W). We will be taking a detailed look at the SuperNOVA 650 GM in this review.
All three SuperNOVA GM Series SFX power supplies are fully modular and certified to comply with the 80 Plus Gold criteria for high efficiency. The GM Series power supplies use a 92mm cooling fan that operates in silent fan-less mode (below 30% load) thanks to EVGA’s Auto ECO Mode fan speed control. The compact SFX chassis measures a mere 100mm deep and they all come backed by a 7-year warranty.
• EVGA SuperNOVA 450 GM ($109.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GM ($119.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM ($129.99 USD)
EVGA SuperNOVA GM Series Key Features:
• 450W, 550W or 650W DC output
• Fully modular to reduce cable clutter and improve airflow
• Compact SFX chassis size (only 100mm deep)
• 80 PLUS Gold certified for high efficiency
• 92mm fan with double ball bearings for long life and reliable operation
• EVGA Auto ECO Mode fan-less operation (silent below 30% load)
• 100% Japanese capacitors on main PCB
• Active Power Factor correction with Universal AC input
• Heavy-duty protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP and OTP
• SFX to ATX adapter included
• 7-Year EVGA warranty
Here is what EVGA has to say about their GM Series SFX small form-factor power supplies: “Introducing the EVGA SuperNOVA GM line. Available in 450W, 550W, and 650W, these new power supplies are engineered to bring the power, prestige, and performance of EVGA's award-winning power supplies into an SFX-Standard form factor. Featuring 80 Plus Gold certified efficiency, fully-modular cables, and 100% Japanese capacitors on the Main PCB, the GM's cast a long shadow over its competition. Pint-size, affordable, and packed with everything you need, the EVGA SuperNOVA GM power supplies make short work of tight spaces.”
We will look at full specifications and box contents with the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM Power Supply on the next page.