So you like living dangerously and are willing to bet $1000 or more on something that might make your new NVIDIA GPU a bit faster, or transform it into a brick? Then does Overclockers Club have a scoop for you! There exists a tool called NVFlash, with or without added ID Mismatch Modified, which will allow you to change the BIOS of your card to another manufacturers design which can increase your cards power envelope and offer better performance …
or kill it dead …
or introduce artifacting, random crashes or all sort of other mischief.
On the other hand, if all goes well you can turn your plain old RTX card into an overclocked model of the same type and see higher performance overall. Take a look at OCC's article and read it fully before deciding if this is a risk you might be willing to take.
"WARNING! Flash the BIOS at your own risk. Flashing a video card BIOS to a different model and/or series WILL void your warranty. This process can also cause other permanent issues like video artifacts and premature hardware failure!"
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z @ Kitguru
- GeForce 418.91 Driver Performance Analysis @ BabelTechReviews
- Battlefield V DLSS Tested: Overpromised, Underdelivered @ Techspot
- Far Cry New Dawn @ Guru of 3D
- Metro Exodus PC Graphics Benchmark @ Techspot
- AMD Radeon VII @ [H]ard|OCP