Have you already collected every 'mech available in the game and bashed your way through the Flashpoint expansion and are looking for something new in your BattleTech gaming time? How does gunning down a CattleMaster, Uriel or Phoenix Hawk with an LBX Autocannon sound? RogueTech is a huge mod for Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech which adds over 1000 'mechs, just about every weapon added into the tabletop game over the years, a fair number of new crunchies and even those annoying Power Armour nitwits.
The changes go deeper than that, with total overhauls to movement, gunnery and how damage is inflicted, by yourself as well as others. Expect your first missions to go poorly as you stumble your way through the complete revamp of the game, as you can read about over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN; installation instructions included.
"It brings the combat a little more in line with the full, expanded tabletop rule-set (which no sane person ever used, thanks to requiring dozens of skill checks and countless dice rolled a turn), but through the magic of computers, we can experience all the thrills of full simulation-level ‘Mech combat without putting you to sleep or frying your brain."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Division 2: PC graphics performance benchmark analysis @ The Guru of 3D
- Tom Clancy's The Division 2 @ BabelTechReviews
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider perf review update: RTX & DLSS @ Guru of 3D
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Ultra RTX Performance and IQ Analysis @ BabelTechReviews
- RTX and DLSS in Shadow of the Tomb Raider @ TechPowerUp
- Humble Strategy Bundle
- The System Shock remake drips with neon nostalgia in new footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Vehicular battle royale 'Notmycar' hits Steam on April 5th @ Engadget
- System Shock 3 first trailer: she's back (and so's he) @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN