Final Thoughts and Conclusions
During our testing the Corsair AX850 Titanium power supply exhibited excellent voltage regulation and AC ripple suppression, even at full load. The power supply features a good assortment of all modular cables and delivers excellent efficiency, easily meeting the tough 80 Plus Titanium criteria. The AX850 PSU incorporates a Zero RPM fan mode (up to ~40% load) for silent operation at low power and continues to operate quietly even as the load increases, thanks to a high-quality 135mm cooling fan with a Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB). The PSU is backed by Corsair’s 10-year warranty.
Overall, the current AX850 Titanium proved to be an excellent power supply (great performance, high efficiency, and quiet operation). It’s hard to find anything not to like; but if pushed I would prefer to see some dedicated PCI-E cables supplying a single connector instead of having two connectors on the end of each PCI-E cable.
Both of the Corsair AX Titanium Series power supplies should be currently available from your favorite retailer. The AX850 is currently selling on Amazon.com and newegg.com for $199.99 USD.
• MSRP for the AX850 PSU: $249.99 USD
• MSRP for the AX1000 PSU: $279.99 USD
• Excellent voltage regulation (±2%)
• Excellent AC ripple and noise suppression
• Stable power (up to 50°C)
• 80 PLUS Titanium certified, with at least 94% efficiency at 50% load
• Very quiet operation: zero RPM mode up to ~40% load
• 10-Year Warranty and Comprehensive Customer Support
• Fully modular cables for easy installation and to improve airflow
• High quality components including all Japanese electrolytic capacitors
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Two PCI-E connectors on a single cable
Corsair AX850 Titanium Fully Modular Power Supply
Our thanks to Corsair for sending us the AX850 PSU to review!